Sunday, December 19, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up XI!

OK so I wasn't really planning on linking up with Patty's Weekend Wrap Up, but then she mentioned it is the last one for the year, so I buckled under the pressure and gave in! As you all know, I had guests this weekend too, my bro-in-law and family from Sydney, on their way back home after a European vacation...! It was a short 3 day stay but oh so much fun. My 10 year old niece loves our dog Lucy and vice versa, so for 3 days they were inseparable like each other's shadows. My 19 year old nephew ensconced himself in a chair in the library and immersed himself in John Grisham and Facebook. We adults sat around discussing everything under the sun.

I prettied up the house a bit with some flowers and greens....

My sis-in-law knowing my weakness for red and orange gifted me this gorgeous Murano glass pendant she bought in Venice. This picture really doesn't do it justice, it has a little band of gold glitter on it too, it is stunning!
On their way to Hyderabad they bought this decadent yuletide log in Singapore which we all gorged on that night....dark chocolate with cherries and some liquer in it! 
They left Saturday night. On Sunday I whipped up a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies (as gifts as well as some for my table snack) 
and we met up with some friends at the Hyderabad Sailing Club, one of the old establishments in this city 
 More gorging followed
 It was a really relaxing leisurely lunch, the weather was picture perfect, the food great, the conversation even better
And before I sign off I MUST mention this fabulous surprise I received on Saturday, delicious chocolates from someone in Bangalore. There was no name as to who it was from but after some sleuthing I found out it was from a fellow blogger.....so nice of her!
Its a busy time of the year, so much to do, so little time. So take a deep breath, count to 10 and relax! (I can hear my mom saying "YOU do that first and then preach to others"). I will not be blogging too frequently now for a few days. I have to work on a gift for my son and son-in-law for Xmas, a charcoal sketch of their beagle dog......plus I have another cousin and hubby visiting this week. I want to time it so my first blog on the year 2011 - my giveaway post - is my 201st!!!!! So another 3 more this month! Have a great week all of you!

10 comments:

Rekha said...

That was a lovely weekend..loved the pendant!

Short Breaks in Europe said...

Did you have a vacation in one of the places in Europe?

Kamini said...

SBIE...Are you asking if I have ever vacationed in Europe? Yes I have, in many countries.

PreeOccupied said...

Your posts are always so colorful and add so much cheer in my everyday life.

Have a good coming week, K.

GB said...

I never saw this part of hyderabad, it's gorgeous!

Your home as usual is stunning...love your random bits of green and all the colors......

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

contrary to GB I only saw this part of HBD and yes loved every minute there.
great post as always.

Anonymous said...

You prettified your already stunning home??!! really!! Your house is always so so gorgeous!!

Oh I like the gift idea.. for the boys!! Thats lovely!! And they'll be super thrilled!!

I also like.. like the pendant.. Very pretty.. and the colours is gorgeous!!

Have a lovely week ahead!

Unknown said...

the pendent is awesome! have lots of fun putting together gifts for all your loved ones.

Rupa said...

I have chanced upon your blog and its stunning....I am a fellow hyderabadi and love indian traditional decor....great work....loving it...
And your posts reflect such honesty...I am a fan ....

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty pictures !! You see beauty in everything, don't you? If anyone needs therapy, then I'd just have them walk through your blog :-)

lots of love,
Manu