Saturday, May 29, 2010

Experimenting with charcoal......

As some of you know one of my hobbies is painting. Even though I feel I am better at drawing than painting, I enjoy painting more! I find oil painting the easiest and most enjoyable...probably because its an easy medium, and a breeze to cover up any mistakes I might make. Watercolors are my biggest nemesis....I struggle and struggle to get that watery translucent quality, but to no avail. But I am persevering.....! Another medium I enjoy is charcoal painting.....its fairly easy, its quick - there is no drying time - and the black and white effect is always striking! Today I messed around with some charcoals....since I was just experimenting, I tried to reproduce a sketch by one of my all time favorite artists - Vrindavan Solanki! Here is the final product.....




No comments: