Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Sistine Chapel is done!

All of you were right in your guesses...only it wasn't really a border - thats't too structured for me, I like free flowing organic things.....

OK, so its not quite the Sistine Chapel or anything as difficult. It was just the wall above my study desk, but it sure felt like the Sis. Ch. for which I have a whole new respect. I am really beginning to wonder how Michelangelo painted a ceiling, looking up (I heard he did it with mirrors...but still)....on his back, arm held up to paint! And even though I had  to twist into an awkward position to paint the left side, for the most part I was upright or sitting on my table, with the air conditioner blasting right into my face, refreshments being brought up to me....

So here is the story...see those 2 ugly square spots on the wall where the paint has peeled off??? It happened when a small painting I had mounted to the wall with sticky foam tape fell off! As it fell it hit a mask below it on the wall which also broke, and which ultimately became part of this project! Anyhow, those 2 spots have been bugging me...I had no wall paint to paint over it, so thats when this idea came up....of wall art!
I drew this rough sketch of what I wanted....

 Then pencilled it in onto the wall
 And got to work
 The left side - as you can see I added an extra stem and flower to this side, I felt it was ending too abruptly and anyway I am a "more is more" person!!!
 The right side
 Close up
 Ta da....no more annoying spots!

15 comments:

Harshika said...

Gorgeousness! Delightful.
Now can ypu please advise what colour should be used on terracotta. I am no artist/oainter so I dont even know what medium to use so it sticks nicely to my terracotta planters...Thanks.

harshika
dubai

anamica said...

WOW ....Wonderful no words to describe...Keep it up

Anonymous said...

looks terrific!

Shalini said...

Wow, I'm so impressed. It looks really lovely amongst the paintings and especially that little bell.

Unknown said...

wow gorgeous wall :)
Looks stunning kamini

Shanthi said...

Lovely once again - as usual :-)

Unknown said...

Love it!

Sarmistha said...

Now thats a must do inspiration !!
Looks absolutely gorgeous..
would acrylic work on wall ?

Neha@ All things beautiful said...

Wow Kamini...it looks lovely...specially on your wall...with all those piece of art surrounding it.

Anonymous said...

If you all readers have been following K for a while now, this is no surprise. K draws and be sure there will be no surprises!! IT HAS TO BE GORGEOUS!!!! I knew this morning that it would look stunning and I am right!

You go K! You are using your time beautifully, exactly how I would want to when my kids are married off. Lots of love and best wishes and more power to you my friend :)

cheers,
Manu

Nayana said...

wow..wonderful. I should do smthing like this on my kitchen wall, it has 2 ugly spots there:)

Sahana Singh said...

It looks superb Kamini! And I'm such a sucker for wall art. Paint away :)

Rachana Saurabh said...

Looks amazing..!!

Anonymous said...

Totally loved loved this.. Your collection is inspiring!!

I loved what you've done.. and will surely cook up something similar.. for where.. I dont know.. But you've inspired me!!

My Inspired Reality said...

Simply gorgeous Kamini, love it:) You are truly inspiring:):)