Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Food for thought!

There are some days when a post on design just does not do it for me. There are far too many important things besides that I need to share.....


From a culture of sharing we have become a culture driven by possession and profit. The century of self. This short film comes from the kitchens of the Golden Temple (which I have blogged about before) where every day around 100,000 people, regardless of colour, caste or religion, donate, prepare, consume and clean for nothing more than compassion. Are we really moving in the right direction?
This year the world will produce enough food to feed twice the world's population, yet every day almost one billion people will sleep hungry.

Freedom of Food and the Golden Temple two from the source project on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Sreelu said...

Kamini, amazing video, if only its a compassion driven society,if only.

We have the biggest gurudwara outside of India in bayarea and same is the case food served with no questions asked and just plain compassion always amazes me.

Unknown said...

i enjoyed the video...good writeup

The Ketchup Girl said...

Touched my heart. Beautiful.

Cassy said...

Many are still hungry in any parts of the world. I personally thank God that I could sleep well at night as I eat the right food together with my family.

Nice video.

Cassy from Beginner Free Guitar Lessons

Anonymous said...

The Satsang philosophy is what makes a community.
Churches have their own ways in terms of sunday schools, Vacation Bible school, Thanks giving etc..

American society is already facing the wrath of breakdown in communities ! Since India is following on this "piece" of development -- so be it !

Sneha

Nayana said...

nice video, We follow lord swaminarayan through BAPS organization and I see the same compassion. nice video....thanks for sharing...

Sudha said...

wanted to invite you to over at my blog to be a part of my first ever giveaway!!

need all your lovE

Richa said...

A very inspiring video indeed Kamini.. I love it when people consciously take time or money or anything out of their own lives to help anyone..lovely.

Richa@Hobby And More Vegan Food Blog