Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jewel toned decor!

Every week - twice actually - I get these wonderful pictures from Houzz, lovely ideas for DIY's, decor and design. More often than not, I just sort of skim thru them. But every once in a while I feel compelled to share....this would be one such time. Today I got these pics of rooms in jewel tones, and simply HAD to share. Maybe its the Indian flavor to them, maybe I need to see color when everything around me here has turned to dull brown in the scorching summer, maybe I just need to jazz up my blog page!! Whatever the reason...here they are....rooms inspired by the sun, the sea, wildflowers, spices and colorful traditions!
Carson Poetzl, Inc. mediterranean living room

Mediterranean interiors mediterranean living room

Julianne Kelly eclectic bedroom

Carson Poetzl, Inc. eclectic powder room

Pink Glam Bathroom modern bathroom

laura britt design modern bedroom

9 comments:

Neha@ Allthingsbeautiful said...

Wow Kamini, this is such a coincidence. I get these weekly emails from Houzz too, and the first room here really drew my attention.

Btw, I did a post sometime back on my blog featuring some rooms from Houzz and I also included a room from your home. Check it out here- http://allthingzbeautiful.blogspot.com/2011/04/mom-cave.html

Indian on Hudson said...

I LOVE the oval shaped mirror in the first pic (the one with little mirrors around it). Checking out all the pics in Houzz now.

Anonymous said...

so very bling.. :-)

Hellohello baby said...

The oval mirror in the top photo is to die for! I think it might be Peruan or somthing. I recall spotting the same at e-bay a short while ago.

All the photos are marvelous.

Have a lovely day, love from Oslo.

www.hellohellobaby1.blogspot.com

Harshika said...

I love love love anything colourful and esp jewel tones, incidentaly my house is very colourful, but must say i hate each and every room in this post, esp the designs of individual pieces...the sofas are esp ewww and again normally i dont have such strong reactions...! Hope this doesnt offend you. I totaly love ur decor and the way you have done up your house...and your blog too ofcourse,it is seriously NICE Kamini!
cheers
harshika
dubai

Roshni said...

I loved looking at the pics, but it's probably not what I would want for my own house! I guess, some of the components would work really well though. Love the first pic!

GB said...

Wow! I like some elements, individually, but put together, they ahem, do make quite a statement don't you think? I'll happily take that mirror tho'!

:)

Kamini said...

Ha ha. I love all the strong reactions :-) And I'll let you all in on a little secret.....there's not one thing in any of the rooms I would like to have in my home! I do like the bench in the bathroom and the chairs in the last pic....but still.....! But hey, the colors really cheer me up!

My Dream Canvas said...

Wow! A lot of stuff going on here.....these rooms sure bring in a lot of color :-)