Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mosaic Monday - Bangle Bling Bling

We Indian girls like our bling bling. Ask any self respecting Indian girl and she'll tell you without hesitation that we like our earrings and necklaces and "choodis"...oh yes, the bangles. Bangles are the perfect accessory for an Indian outfit.....they come in all iridescent colors of the rainbow, in gold and silver, in glass, metal, lac, beaded metal, studded with stones, encrusted with pearls and diamonds....any which way you want! Glass bangles are generally the most popular...they are inexpensive and beautiful and easy to replace if one breaks - and that happens very often. They are often worn in increments of 6....a dozen, 18, 2 doz.....sometimes a bride will wear them all the way from the wrist to the elbow.

Now a girl needs a place to keep these bangles. Bangle stands, like bangles come in assorted shapes and sizes. My grandmother gave me her beautiful old antique leather bangle box - kind of looks like an English hat box from the outside. It is old and worn and a bit tattered at the edges, but that's what I love about it and I have no plans of getting it repaired and "made new" again! In addition to his I have this sculpted metal wall mounted bangle stand and another one that sits on my dresser.....so today for Mary"s MM, I am showing them all.


Thanks again Mary for hosting Mosaic Monday!



8 comments:

My Dream Canvas said...

Very pretty...miss wearing bangles here. Not very wise while washing the dishes...ha ha

Joyce said...

Nice that your GM gave you the vintage box to hold your bangels. I love to wear bangels and feel naked leaving my house every day without my bling on my arms and ears:-) Your mosaic is so colorful and fun. Thanks for sharing.
Joyce

GB said...

such prettiness! love this post!

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooooooooo awesome!! You have all these?? really!???

The box is simply amazing..

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Wow, bangles and box are all beautiful!!!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Now thats a box I could love. All kinds of colours. Wow.

Unknown said...

Wow, what an amazing texture that your photographs create in these mosaics.
Happy Mosaic Monday.
Karen

Kamini said...

Thanks a lot for your comments. My grandma handed down some amazing stuff to me years ago along with this box...I am just starting to realize the value and beauty of it all in this "high tech, instant gratification, churn out by the dozen, machine made" world we are living in today!