Thursday, July 1, 2010

Strawberry fields forever!

Summer and strawberries go together. You cannot have one without the other. Nothing like sitting down on a lazy afternoon, with a bowl of red, luscious, juicy, fat, sweet strawberries, and biting right into them and letting the juice dribble down your chin. Strawberries taste best in their solitary glory, when they are freshly picked and at room temperature...but that might be something to argue about. I know people who will only eat them dipped into melted chocolate, then there are the strawberry smoothie addicts, the strawberry jam freaks and the strawberry shortcake lovers1 Any which way you have them, strawberries are the essential summer fruit. And fotunately for me, thanks to a shrinking world and free trade, strawberries, both Indian and imported are available here throughout the year! Here are some mouth watering images of strawberry goodness......Bon Appetit!
Strawberry Crumble - layers of dark chocolate crust, strawberry compote, biscuit crumble, fresh strawberries and whipped cream
Strawberry Millefeuille (say that 20 times fast...) - Puff Pastry sandwiched with pastry cream and fresh strawberries
Strawberry compote with yogurt ice cream and chocolate fondan
Strawberry tiramisu - Layers of Sabayon biscuit, Strawberry coulis, fresh strawberry, whipped cream and tiramisu
Strawberry salad with vanilla ice cream - Strawberries, oranges, cinnamon, star anise, mint leaves and orange rind

All images courtesy Living Etc, May 2009

5 comments:

GB said...

I love strawberry salad! drooooool!

Anonymous said...

oh my... one looks better than the other.. I'm no good at the kitchen. so I'll just enjoy the pics for now...

Also... the glass painting at the side is amazing...

Kamini said...

So do I Gagan! Thanks Patty - the glass painting was my first attempt...looks decent in the pic, but get up close and you'll see all kinds of weird bubbles and things (I did the painting on one pane of glass and then put another on top). It was an experiment to see if I could broaden my creative skills...but I think I'll let this one skill go!

Unknown said...

I came across your blog recently...and simply love it!!! Your home is gorgeous,..and love the way you have incorporated the traditional and contemporary together. Keep up the good work...yes, i checkout your blog earlier to leaving for work..:-) kinda my morning mantra.

Kamini said...

Anpu, thank you...what a nice thing to say! Makes all the effort worthwhile and makes me want to try even harder :-)