Saturday, July 31, 2010

What is your Sunday plan?

Yay its Sunday! Even though I don't work, there is something relaxing about a Sunday! So what am I doing today?

Well....to start with, for lunch I am making Rajma/Chawal (Red kidney beans and rice)....
Recipe:
Soak 2C rajma overnight. Wash and pressure cook the rajma. Keep aside. Heat 2T oil in a pan, add 1" piece crushed ginger, 5 cloves chopped garlic and 3 chopped green chillies. Fry until they turn brown. Add 1 diced onions and 3 chopped tomatoes. Cook until masala separates from oil. Add salt, a pinch turmeric powder and mix well. Add the cooked rajma, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala and stir. Simmer the flame and cook until a thick gravy is formed. Remove from fire. Garnish rajma with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Along with that I'll have some Aloo Gobi (Curried potatoes with cauliflower)
Recipe:
Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan. Add 1tsp cumin seeds + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder + 1" finely chopped ginger. Fry & stir for 10 seconds. Add one medium size finely chopped onion and fry until translucent. Add 2 potatoes (peeled and chopped). Cook on medium heat until the potatoes are half done. Stir occassionally. By this time the onions should be nicely browned. Add one cauliflower (broken into florets by hand) + 1tsp garam masala + 1 tsp chili powder + juice of 1/2 lime. Mix well. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is done and the potatoes are soft.
Than after lunch, sit down with the Sunday crossword with coffee, or.....
......Moroccan mint tea in my Moroccan mint tea set bought last year in Granada.
Then if I have time, a spot of gift wrapping
And then finally head to the gym to burn off those calories...!

What does your Sunday hold for you??? Whatever it is, enjoy the day!

Images are via flickr photo sharing and mine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont go anywhere close to the gym... and you can obviously tell looking at me.. (ha ha ha)

That rajma chawal looks awesome.. I love rajma chawal.. I want it now... now... now... !!

What are you gift wrapping for?

Laura said...

Mm, that sounds fantastic. I think I'll try that tonight!

Laura said...

I tried your Rajma recipe the other nigth -wonderful! Thank you :)